Hello Colin!

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 04:32:20PM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
> On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 04:54:50PM +0200, Florian Ernst wrote:
> > On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 09:14:33AM -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > > Does anyone know when they will package sarge with the 2.6 kernel as a
> > > default kernel instead of it being an add in?
> >
> > Sarge and 2.6 as the default kernel? Well, I'd guess like »never«.
> > Maybe it will be the default in Sarge+1...
> >
> > Integrating 2.6 into the new debian-installer is work in progress, but
> > I'd be very surprised (to say the least) if it became the default
> > now...
>
> It's possible that it may be made the default on some architectures,
> although we're going to have to get a move on there (and I certainly
> don't speak for Joey ...). We'll see.

Ah, I see, thanks. I take it you mean m68k-mac and possibly sparc32.
AFAIK it'll eventually get there, but not just yet.

Is this in the light of Joey (not joeyh) saying "It is insane to
believe the security team has any chance to support Linux 2.2, Linux
2.4 and Linux 2.6 once sarge is released." as of
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-0403/msg01495.html ?

Just re-skimmed through that thread...

Cheers,
Flo