On Wed, Nov 01, 2006 at 11:39:05AM +0000, MJ Ray wrote:
> Sven Luther <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > [...] aj's inability to mediate [...] is what left us with this mess.
>
> Not really.  Messages like
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/03/msg01054.html
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/03/msg01075.html and
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-boot/2006/04/msg01076.html left us with
> that mess, but the ruling didn't offer any way to clear this mess up in
> the long term.

Well, yes, the idea of the mediation was to solve the issue, not let it stay
open forever, and hope it would go away. I have tried to do my best, but Frans
is simply not making any effort, and since he has all the power and
satisfaction, why should he ?

Still, we can both agree

> > But then, it is probably because aj was afraid that [...]
>
> I don't see how guessing others' views helps here.

Well, given that the main complaint seems to be that frans did feel that i was
not respectful enough (private communication, so no mail archive), and others
have hinted that the release of etch was more important than solving this
(again private irc exchange), i really don't know what else to guess.

It would have helped if the mediation had involved some clear listing of the
actual grieves, instead of giving all the reason to frans as it did.

Friendly,

Sven Luther