Hi,

On 17/03/13 at 12:00 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Candidates,
>
> I maintain a wishlist[1] of ideas of various levels of craziness I would
> like to see implemented and directions I would like Debian to go in.
> Some of these should be moved to bugs, but at least they are somewhere
> more public than the previous location (a damp dark corner of my brain).
>
> Would becoming DPL increase the chance that you would work on any of
> these ideas?

That I would work on them myself, no.
That I will try to advertise them, make sure we decide on the best way to
move them forward, yes.

> Would not becoming DPL increase the chance that you would work on any of
> these ideas?

Probably, for:
- QA
  + add more to UDD
  + base more services on UDD

(oops, I hope I did not convince you not to vote for me)

> What ideas for Debian are lurking in the corner of your brain?

Some of them are in my platform[1], some of them are in this blog post[2].
[1] http://www.debian.org/vote/2013/platforms/lucas
[2] http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=763

Here are some other things I have in my TODO list:
- UDD-related:
  + de-duplicate DEHS and UDD's own implementation of DEHS that was
    created when DEHS was broken
  + re-integrate PET data in UDD, use it in interesting ways
  + integrate mentors.d.n data in UDD, use it in interesting ways
  + improve UDD so that DDPO and the PTS can be simple UDD services
  + improve http://udd.debian.org/dmd.cgi
- experiment with providing automated backports
- auto-generate data from http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=751

Lucas