Gunnar Wolf writes ("Re: Proposed GR: Acknowledge difficulty of declassifying
debian-private"):
> Ian Jackson dijo [Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 03:25:49PM +0100]:
> > Oh, I forgot one:
> >
> > >  Proponent    Is declassification of       How might the rules
> > >           old posts permissible,       for -private be changed
> > >           and if so how ?              in the future ?
> > >
> > >  ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> >
> >    Status Quo   Difficult/unlikely -         New GR needed.[3]
> >                 2005 GR procedure.
>
> I would argue that the current status quo follows somewhat closely
> what Iain suggests to document: We have had several threads starting
> in private, then somebody requests the permission from A, B and C to
> quote their parts, and moves the discussion to -project or
> wherever. Yes, a GR is needed because what is documented as the will
> of the project is systematically breached.

I'm afraid I don't follow.  I agree with everything you say, but I
don't understand why you say it now in response to what you quote,
above.

Do you find my summary (above) inaccurate ?

It seems to me that what you describe with ABC etc., is "difficult"
and is in accorance with the 2005 GR procedure.  I haven't explained
the 2005 GR procedure in detail in my summary, of course.

Thanks,
Ian.

--
Ian Jackson <ijack...@chiark.greenend.org.uk>   These opinions are my own.