On 30/03/2017 05:32, Scott Kitterman wrote:
> In your platform from last year [1], you discussed this Roadmap (I
> mistakenly recalled roadmaps, but you described it singularly).
>
> How is the Roadmap going?  Is it defined?  Where can I read about what's
> been accomplished?  Is helping Debian and if so, how?

I believe all the answers you are looking for are in:
- https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2016/12/msg00001.html
- https://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2017/03/msg00004.html
- and
https://annex.debconf.org/debconf-share/debconf16/slides/51-bits-from-the-dpl.pdf
for a more general presentation about why and how a roadmap can help
Debian.

To summarize, I've asked the Technical Committee to think about their
contribution to the roadmap process and they did in
https://bugs.debian.org/830344. Then, I tried to initiate a discussion with
those who showed interest
in the roadmap. Unfortunately, the discussion didn't happen. I didn't try to
push for the idea harder as we are in a freeze and thought I should not
distract people from fixing RC bugs. So my plan was to wait for Stretch's
release and start a project-wide discussion on -project.

Hope this answers your questions.

> That's a slightly more verbose expression of the question.  Does that help?

Yes. Thank you.

--
Mehdi