On Fri, Aug 25 2017, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

> My concern is about doing the right thing... making our web visitors
> run javascript code from sid in their browsers does not sound right
> for me.
>
> Would you (Debian Policy Team) consider acceptable to leave the website
> version
> of the manual as it is now, without any javascript?

I am sympathetic to your concern.

I'd want us to generate output that doesn't try to load any JavaScript,
though, rather than publishing something which we expect to be buggy.
[1] looks like a good starting point.

Russ: do you agree?  If so, we can file a bug against policy to produce
output without javascript, and block this bug by that one.

[1]
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31951553/customizing-sphinx-to-avoid-generating-search-box

--
Sean Whitton