>From a previous post.
***************
But the difference is who pays the cost! In telemarketing and junk mail, the
sender pays the cost.  In SPAM, the receiver (or more precisely, the
receiver's mail host) pays the cost.  If business' are forced to upgrade
their systems to handle 20% more mail and 20% of their mail is received,
then discarded as SPAM, that company paid for an upgrade they didn't need to
handle their business.
Its like the junk mailers sending stuff COD that you can't refuse, or the
telemarketer calling collect and you can't refuse!
************

But in our case, 90% of all mail is SPAM between the Junk Mail and
Dictionary Attacks with SPAM attached.
I'm just thankful for Scott and his product, otherwise I would have to
double or triple our servers.
For those few lonely folks, I just set them up with a personal default.
And since we advertise SPAM and Virus filtering, the assumption is the
customers have opted in and appreciate that all the garbage is sent to the
bit bucket.

my $0.02
Ken

site at http://www.declude.com .