>I have a question about the REVDNS test..... We are hosting our customers
>email on a server at one of our POP's and reverse DNS is being done for the
>virtual email server. The reverse DNS states only the domain name and not
>does not have 'mail' specfied in the reverse DNS.
>
>Email Server IP: 207.227.115.83
>reverse DNS: ducts.com
>
>Should it be 'mail.ducts.com' so the email do not fail the REVDNS test?

No -- just so long as a reverse DNS entry exists, there is no problem with
Declude.  There are a lot of mailservers that have virtual domains that are
all using the same IP address, so often the IP address does not
match.  Note that the reverse DNS entry (ducts.com) should also have an A
record pointing back to the same IP (which ducts.com does), but Declude
does not check for that.

>Here is the error message I get in the declude log file:
>06/21/2002 13:51:09 Q759a4a2a0284d95c Msg failed REVDNS (This E-mail was
>sent from a mail server 209.224.184.153 with no reverse DNS entry.).
>
>The IP shown in the log file is the IP of the T1 router at their location:
>209.224.184.153

And that's your problem.  Declude doesn't know (or care) where you *think*
the E-mail is coming from, it just cares where it really is coming
from.  In this case, the E-mail was sent to IMail by
209.224.184.153.  Perhaps their router is set up to "fix up" the SMTP
connection, and acts as a mailserver.  In any case, that is where the
E-mail came from.

site at http://www.declude.com .