>In assigning negative weight should we assign the domain as it appears
>in the log?

First, I should clarify that there are two meanings of "negative
weight".  One is the weight that is added to an E-mail when the E-mail does
NOT fail a spam test (which is almost always 0).  The other is a standard
weight, with a negative value (which is what you are talking about).

>Almost all newsletters from Microsoft are assigned a warning for REVDNS.
>So should we assign a negative 5 weigth to:
>
>Microsoft.com
>Or:
>Newsletters.Microsoft.com
>Or:
>delivery.pens.microsoft.com

You would use:

Newsletters.Microsoft.com -- that's the one used in the return address,
which is what Declude (and IMail) use.

So in a filter file, you could have "MAILFROM -5 CONTAINS
newsletters.microsoft.com".  One important note here is that if the filter
test itself has a weight assigned to it, you need to take that into
effect.  For example, if you have "MYFILTER filter myfilterfile x 8 0", the
MYFILTER test would cause the Microsoft E-mail to have a weight 3 higher
than when it started (+8 for being listed in the filter, and -5 from the
line that it matched).

site at http://www.declude.com .