>I have another issue that may or may not be germane here.  I have a
>small server running W2K as the OS with Apache and PHP running a
>webpage.  The webpage has an entry to an email user on my Imail server.
>This morning I noticed my log file hit over 14 Mb in size.

How high is it normally?  If it is normally 10-12 MB, there may be no
problem.  If is is normally 1-2 MB, you may have a compromised server that
a spammer is using to send out spam.

>I cleared out over 14,000 bad emails and email in the queue at about
>10:00 am today.  Ten minutes ago I cleaned out another 15,000 emails
>from the queue.  I also stopped the SMTP service on the server.  Does
>anyone have any idea how or what I need to do to stop this monster?

The first step is to identify the monster.

To do that, I would open some of those 10,000's of E-mails, and see who
they are from/to.  If they are all from/to the same user, there may be a
mail loop.  More likely, a spammer has found a way to send spam through
your mailserver.

site at http://www.declude.com .