-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2002 8:35 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] OT - Listed on Spwes!

>I've found out that our netblock (/24 bit net carved out of a Class B
>net) has been listed on Spews!. Not because of our doing but because
>it's part of a upper block of Worldcom.
>The 'evidence' pages show this coming from a completely different
>network.

That's what SPEWS does.  I haven't seen them block a Class B before,
just
Class Cs (where the spammer and the innocent victim each shared IPs on
the
same Class C).  However, it is generally agreed that the SPEWS test
should
not be used as a spam test -- because of their approach, they list a lot
of
legitimate mailservers.

>Does anyone have any experience with this and/or getting removed?

I haven't heard of anyone getting removed, but I believe there is some
ritual you can perform by going onto a newsgroup somewhere and being
extremely polite... but that could just be a rumor.