Are DNS MX records queryable? Could I query one and get a list of valid
email addresses on that server? Is there a version that might be? A bug? An
pre-patched version? A "as-installed" implementation that would have this as
a possible result? Have you ever seen this work?

No, I don't want to do it; I'm just trying to get to the bottom of
something. (Really, I just wrote a book about security -- I'm a good guy --
see sig.)

Thanks.
Alexis
---
Alexis D. Gutzman, Managing Editor, Reports
MarketingSherpa's Knowledge Store
Author, _Unforeseen Circumstances: Strategies and Technologies for
Protecting Your Business and Your People in a Less Secure World_ (April
2002, AMACOM Press)
http://torturegame4.emailsherpa.com <= Play "Torture a S^pammer" online game