Here's my take on why I endorse John's request. I understand Dan's
suggestion and agree with its intent, I just don't want to raise my log
level yet. I'm a MID loglevel person, and happy to be there otherwise.

When Declude calls my IPFILE test and nabs a message for failing, the
logfile line includes the comment from the line in my IPFILE that failed.
When Declude calls my FROMFILE test and nabs the message for failing, the
logfile line includes the comment from the line in my FROMFILE that failed.
My IPFILE has comments which identify the presumed domain of the IP address,
and my FROMFILE has other comments that are similarly relevant and which
remind me why I blacklisted them.

When Declude runs one of my filter tests and nabs a message for failing, the
logfile tells which line in the filter caused the match. [Caused isn't the
right word, but work with me here.] So then, if I'm curious, I open the
filter file in Notepad and manually count the lines until I find the one
that matched, and then I can take corrective action if it's called for. I do
this frequently, and I'm saddened that John's suggestion never occurred to
me previously.

<rant>
And before someone chimes in and tells me that I should be using a better
text editor that contains automatic line counting, let me say THAT'S NOT THE
POINT. The point is trying to bring Declude's admittedly awesome
capabilities into balance.
</rant>