From: Tom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, December 16, 2002 1:38 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Shared Kill File Stats

> Tom and other Kill List folks. Thought I would share as I usually do
> not get to run stats at end of day before clock strikes 12am. Amazing
> that at least 58% of email processed for the day was garbage. If I
> were to include the manual deletes and emails that got through our
> lenient filters, it would probably be something more like 75%.

I have similar findings.

> Report ID Version 1.04b Detailed Report for: 12/16/2002 00:07:48

You should upgrade to 1.05b, it seems to be a bit faster.
I sometimes copy the log file over to the same machine running ReadID
and I don't run it ReadID on the Mail server, it has enough to do.

> Total Percentage of fromfile effectiveness: 58%

This is good and approximately the same percentage I get.

> Total amount of addresses now in the fromfile: 2365
> Total percentage of the fromfiles actual usage: 8%

This is bad, this means you are harvesting allot of old useless
addresses. It should be around 20% of the actual usage.  There is
another feature built into ReadID that will allow you to keep the old
addresses in another file.  This file can be used to make sure you are
not cleaning the fromfile to early.  I will send out another e-mail to
describe this feature and its usage.

PS: Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Tom
Image`fx

unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type
"unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail".  The archives can be found at
http://www.mail-archive.com.