Is there a gotcha in filter text files when the message is in HTML format?

The following line works if I send myself a message from HotMail, but didn't
on an actual piece of spam I just received, whose relevant bit of text I'll
reproduce here with an underscore inserted to get around my own filter:

#Dec-02-2002 AC Very common in Chinese hosted spamvertisement "unsubscribe"
footers
BODY 0 CONTAINS btamail.net.cn

And the verbatim snippet:

<FONT
face=verdana color=#800000 size=3><STRONG>Unsubscribe
at:&nbsp;&nbsp;[EMAIL PROTECTED]</STRONG></FONT>
******</BODY></HTML>

If it makes any difference, the header defines the e-mail format as:

I have already checked the Declude log (MED) to make sure there was no error
reported in accessing the filter text file... No problem reported.

Andrew 8)