> Sorry about the off topic but seeking advice on the best RAID
> configuration for our new twin Xeon processor server, it hast 3x 36GB
> drives at present though more can be added and 1GB RAM. It'll be running
> Win2k, Imail and Declude AV/JM and currently processing only about 7k
> emails a day though this figure will increase to 50k+ a day (hopefully).
> Looking for performance (email throughput) and reliability (operating
> system), any advice or recommendations much appreciated.

There is a lot of good information on this in the Imail archives.

You should have 3 partitions. (4 if you put the page file on its own.)

Partition 1: System
Partition 2: Imail & Declude & such
Partition 3: Spool file
Partition 4: Page file.

You may also want to create to page file partitions for protection, as it is
not recommend to mirror the page file. Partition 5 Page file B

Using 4 partitions on 3 drives I would go like this:

Drive 1         Partition 1             Partition 2             Partition 4
Drive 2         Partition 1             Partition 3
Drive 3         Partition 2             Partition 3

Ultimately, I would put logs on a separate partition also, but could be on
the same as Imail & Declude & such.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.