Messages coming into the server show up in file pairs, one starting with D and other starting with T. When the file has completely arrived, the T file turns into a Q files and the message gets delivered (somewhere in the middle, Declude works its magic). As I add more and more domains, I'm starting to notice more and more orphans. According to the Imail web site, these indicate a message was not completely uploaded.

Orphan D files or orphan T files? Orphaned T files should be quite rare (as IMail should delete them if the SMTP transaction never completes). Orphaned D files will occur occasionally as "double bounces" (for example, I send out an E-mail but have the wrong return address; the E-mail bounces, but IMail can't bounce the E-mail because of the invalid return address).

What do I do with all the orphans? Most are not spam, many have attachments, and the sender may or may not send another copy.

If they are D*.SMD files, they should be E-mails that couldn't be delivered for some reason.

If they are T*.SMD files, something went wrong -- in this case, the computer that connected to IMail should have received an error response of some sort, and they should either re-try or receive a bounce message.