I am finding that not all the headers are being inserted when the message is
from an Internet domain and going to a gateway domain.

That's normal.

If the E-mail is not destined to an account on the IMail server, it is considered outgoing E-mail, so:

XINHEADER X-RBL-Warning: Total weight: %WEIGHT%

This header won't be added.

Is it that I should also have those XINHEADER as XOUTHEADER?

Correct. :) -Scott