>>I was thinking that it would probably be a relatively simple matter to add
>>such a test in a future version of declude. If an incoming message reached
>>certain weight, it could be added to a recent spammer list. This list
could be
>>checked along with other internal tests _before_ DNS tests are performed,
and
>>this could push a weighting up high enough that external DNS lookups could
be
>>skipped.
>>
>>The effect of this is that by using a individualized IP address scheme,
>>processing time per message could be greatly reduced resulting in less
>>resource problems, and faster delivery times.

SP>That sounds like an excellent idea -- I'm going to investigate to see
SP>whether this may be possible or not.  Circumventing the DNS lookups would

SP>be very useful.
SP>                                             -Scott

Mr. Obvious here... the same technique could be used in the negative to pass
through frequent mail from *low* scoring servers.

That may mean that a server from which we receive a lot of mail, which
suddenly finds itself or its subnet on numerous RBLs, may still deliver its
mail successfully to us, based on it's previous "good behaviour".

Andrew.