Based on failing a weight of 40, I have a WEIGHT40 that bounces.  I also
have a weight of 60 that will delete.  What happens to the mail that falls
in between 41 and 59?

They will bounce, since the WEIGHT40 test will be triggered but the WEIGHT60 will not be triggered.

Note, though, that the E-mail with a weight of 40-60 is almost certainly spam, which means that you are almost certainly spreading the spam (since spam very often has an innocent victim's return address).