-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Dave Marchette
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2003 1:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [Declude.JunkMail] Queue size quota\alert

One of the nice features of Declude is the overflow queue which helps
Imail 7.x to not trip on itself as frequently.  From my testing, the
only time the overflow queue gets activity is when either a dictionary
attack, mail loop, dns issue or spam flood is occurring(because the
number of processes hits a threshold, I'm guessing).  So, this has
become a great way to gauge when an Imail server is having overload
issues.  I'm looking for a very easy, efficient way to monitor the size
of the overflow directory(on NT4) and then take an action, like sending
an alert, if the file grows an x amount over an x time period.  I have
found a few shareware proggies that can do this but before I commence
testing, I figured I'd ask the experts.  Has anyone fiddled with this
concept yet?  If so would you care to share your experience\suggestion?

Dave