email provided by netscape.net is at least partly based from AOL instant messenger accounts, which partly correspond to some peoples' real aol.com email addresses. when you do a full install of Netscape 6 and above, it links w/ your AIM account for messaging, and provides you a *free*, spammed, email account in the netscape.net domain, under your username as defined in AIM. That may be the connection.

At 08:02 05.30.2003, you wrote:
> Attached is a list of spamdomains and their coresponding aliases that I've
compiled thus far.  Anybody want to comment or expand upon this?

Please forgive my ignorance here, I have nearly every message from this list
for the past 6 months on my machine, so I have looked, but missed it I
guess. Anyway, what's the deal with this in the spamdomains list??

earthlink.com earthlink.net
earthlink.net earthlink.com

Does this mean if the address comes in as [EMAIL PROTECTED] - it's rev DNS
can be either earthlink.net or earthlink.com ??? and the other way around if
it's [EMAIL PROTECTED] - ?

What confuses me are these:

aol.com  netscape.net
netscape.net aol.com

My feeling here is why would a netscape user be sending with an AOL address
and vice-versa. So am I off here?

Thanks for any help

Paul

--- [This E-mail scanned for viruses by Declude Virus]

Joseph C. Acac
CNPRC
University of California at Davis
[EMAIL PROTECTED]