-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of R. Scott Perry
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2003 8:44 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] Logging optimization question

>Scott, since we have been discussing optimization techniques on this
list
>lately, I am wondering if in that effort you can do some logging
>optimization, as well.  See the attached JM log snippet and you will
notice
>that a single e-mail with 4 recipients gets written to the log 4 time,
with
>each seceding "From/To" entry adding one additional recipient e-mail
>address:

This is one we've been meaning to get to for a while, we were just
waiting
for people to mention it.  :)

We're concentrating on getting a new released version out, and then plan
tackle this.

>Any reason this cannot (or should not) be reduced to just a single
e-mail
>entry with the "From/To" line showing all recipients?

The original purpose for the multiple lines was for cases where
different
recipients had different settings (which accounts for the multiple
"Message
OK" and "Message failed" lines).  However, what we may do is change this
so
that one line will appear for each test that fails (which allows the
reason
for failure to be included), but then for each recipient, have a single
line that shows each test name and the action taken.  That should help
condense the log file quite a bit.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver
vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.