> >Can someone tell me what it means, in the context of this discussion
list,
> >when someone puts "DSN" in the subject?
>
> That normally means that the E-mail failed the DSN test (which is run by
> http://www.rfc-ignorant.org ).  It usually means that the mailserver that
> sent the E-mail is running IMail's bogus "Refuse NULL <> Senders" option
> (which at least got moved to the "Advanced" SMTP settings in IMail v8).

So are you saying that the sender of the message is not typing "DSN" as the
first 3 characters in the subject field but instead it is being inserted by
some automatic mechanism along the way?

Correct. While it's possible that the user is doing it, it's unlikely that they are.

Specifically I've noticed that almost every message I receive from Kevin Bilbee has DSN in the subject. Is
my system adding that? Is his system adding that? Or is the Declude
JunkMail list adding that?

http://www.rfc-ignorant.org/tools/lookup.php?domain=idig.net shows that idig.net is listed is the DSN spam database.

It seems that the information is outdated, so if someone from idig.net contacts [EMAIL PROTECTED], they can be removed.

What is the syntax for the alias spamdomains in the latest beta update?

The file for the SPAMDOMAINS test can either have 1 entry on a line ("example.com"), which would mean that if an E-mail has a return address with "example.com" in it, then the reverse DNS entry must have "example.com" in it as well, or it can have 2 entries ("example.com example.net"), in which case any E-mail with "example.com" in the return address must have *either* "example.com" or "example.net" in the reverse DNS entry.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers.
Declude Virus: Catches known viruses and is the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you have been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.