Scott,

I received a spam msg tonight that had no declude headers on it at all.  The
message was received last night just before the server was brought down for
maintenance and virus scanned just before that time as well. However, before
Junkmail got a chance to process it, down went the server.  It sat somewhere
(probably the queue) all night and 24 hours later dropped into my email box
(reason I checked headers was to add the new sender to our banned list -- no
headers there at all). Checking the various logs, Junkmail never saw the
message, but the message id was processed last thing last night and this
evening by IMAIL and last night by Virus.

So, just wanted to let you know that you can get messages that skip Junkmail
processing if they come in as you are going down for maint.  Perhaps for
scheduled things, there should be a recommended procedure to shut down the
IMAIL services for a few minutes first, until the queue is all delivered
(not that it will help during random or emergency shutdowns -- power outages
here sometimes result in unscheduled reboots).

Karen