Hello, All,
I'm curious to know how readers of this list take care of incorporating
changes from the new default GLOBAL.CFG into your existing and typically
personalized "in use" GLOBAL.CFG.  Also, when new default tests are added
into GLOBAL.CFG is there some way for us to be notified that a new
GLOBAL.CFG has been released to see if we'd like to incorporate them?

The reason I ask is that in the last day or so my boss and I have been
discussing how good DJM has been doing, and it has been doing great.  As
we've been doing a post-mortem on our spam numbers we've noticed that
everything was doing really great until around 5/21 and then within the
course of a week the number of spams we receive at one of our domains went
from 3 or 4 a day to 30 or 40 a day.  I told him I'd get to the bottom of
it.

I've been analyzing some of the e-mail that passed through which is
obviously spam.  Some of this obvious spam has very low weight, e.g. 2.  One
of them that had a weight of 2 was listed as failing the OSSOFT test.  When
I ran the IP on DNSStuff.com I found about 5 different Blacklist's which had
the IP, including OSSOFT, but it was only failing one test.  Apparently what
used to be the WIREHUB-DNSBL has changed names but I didn't have the new
test in my GLOBAL.CFG.  I found it in the default GLOBAL.CFG on the Manual
page.

Has anyone come up with a good way of incorporating new, good tests and
still maintaing the old, good stuff, preferably automated?  Or is this just
something where I'll have to check back every week or so and eyeball any
changes and incorporate them as I see fit?

All feedback is read and appreciated.

Thanks, Much!
Dan Geiser <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>