> >Has there been any more thought to allow Declude to have an option to
either
> >use more than one DNS server, or have failover support to a secondary DNS
> >server?
>
> It's something that we are considering.  The catch, though, is that it
> would only really be useful in conjunction with the Declude console, which
> most people aren't using.

Well, here is my situation or configuration.

I have 4 servers at my NOC. 2 DNS, 1 IIS and 1 Imail.

I also have 1 server (planned, waiting on Internet connection) at another
location that is DNS and 2nd MX.

At my NOC, I have 2 UPS, one main and one secondary. 2 DNS and IIS on main,
Imail and router and switch and firewall on secondary. Secondary is plugged
into primary in a chain effect.

In the event of a lengthy power disruption, main UPS sends shutdown signal
to 2nd DNS after 10 minutes no power. After 30 minutes no power, sends
shutdown to IIS server. 10 minutes before battery drain, sends shutdown to
1st DNS. Imail will continue to operate on secondary UPS for about another 2
hours. During that time, it needs to use my 3rd DNS at my second location.

And yes, I do use the console. (Although can not view it or stop it
remotely.)

John Tolmachoff MCSE CSSA
Engineer/Consultant
eServices For You