Also, to eliminate options of what is causing the problem, I would suggest
setting a different DNS server in the global.cfg and see if the error still
occurs.

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of David Dodell
Sent: Sunday, August 10, 2003 3:35 PM
To: R. Scott Perry
Subject: Re[2]: [Declude.JunkMail] strange DNS failures

> That is unusual.  Declude JunkMail should only fail the REVDNS test if it
> does get an answer from the DNS server, which says the reverse DNS entry
> does not exist (if there is a timeout, it should not fail the test).

I agree .. and the DNS / Imail / Declude all reside on the same
machine, so I would doubt if there were any type of "timeouts" getting
the information.

> If this happens often, you could use the DEBUG mode ("LOGLEVEL DEBUG"),
> which records more details about the reverse DNS lookup in the log file.

I'll have to keep that in mind.  It only seems to happen once or twice
a day if that ... very erratic.