Hi Bill:
You are right...  No disagreement here.

We had negative MAILFROM but it was being abused like crazy.  We were
getting so much spam from faked addresses.  We now have a negative list for
mailing lists and at times we see email coming through.

REVDNS whitelist has worked well and we have not yet seen any abuses - but
as a rule I agree with you it can be abused.

Since someone asked about our whitelist- here it is (these are the general
items - we have in this list some of our clients with screwed up server
setups but are taken out in this list).  This goes in the Global.cfg file.

WHITELIST       REVDNS          .airborne.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .amazon.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .audible.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .bestfares.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .cnet.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .dell.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .dowjones.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .ebay.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .equifax.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .fedex.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .gartner.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .getactive.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .hertz.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .house.gov
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .ibm.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          infoworld.wc09.net
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .ipswitch.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .j2.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .kintera.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .looksmart.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .luxurylink.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .macromedia.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .microsoft.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .microsoft.m0.net
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .moveon.org
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .msnbc.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .nytimes.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .officemax.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .openitx.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .oracle.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .paypal.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .philanthropy.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .schwab.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .sears.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .shockwave.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .thawte.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .travelzoo.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .truste.org
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .ups.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .usairways.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .veritas.com
WHITELIST       REVDNS          .zd-swx.com

Regards,
Kami