----- Original Message -----
From: "Matthew Bramble" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

None of this stuff is a big secret, and besides, pretending to come from
a domain like AOL or Amazon has resulted in spammers being sued
successfully.  Clearly they already know the tactics and have used them.

And these successful lawsuits have obviously not stopped the practice.

On the other hand, if I wanted to become a spammer, I assure you that I
could get past your spam filters with near perfect success.

Although I highly doubt it, your point is...?

 Most of
these guys don't even know how to fake a header properly and that would
take someone moderately intelligent about 5 seconds to figure out.  It's
the fact that these guys are so dumb that makes it so that we can block
them as effectively as we do.

So let's make it easier for them by posting our whitelists.  This is
straying all over the place.  If you think it is fine and good to post your
whitelists on a public forum, then by all means do so.  It's was just my
personal recommendation that it is not a wise thing to do, but to each his
own...

Bill