Dan,

That would be a valuable test IMO, however I think there might be issues with load since I am not aware of a standard method of caching whois lookups. Because whois output also comes in many forms (as opposed to DNS) it would be process intensive to grab the registration date. Then lastly, there are limitations on automated lookups on many whois databases. Otherwise I love the idea :)

Matt

Dan Patnode wrote:

Spammers put links in the body of messages and more recently are creating them by the pound, changing to new ones multiple times/days. Is it possible to have a test that checks the age of domain names in the body? This information is available from a number of places:

http://www-whois.internic.net/cgi/whois?whois_nic=uzbeki98.biz&type=domain

But is it possible to make an automated test that can collect and use it? Simplest would be just specifying the location and age, in days, fewer than which it would trip, under one month in this example:

DomainAge domainage body 30 1 0

Dan