I have an attachment filter that adds score when something is received attached but not inline. The problem with this is that it also helps viruses get through spam blocking (I plan on improving this). The filter is simple:

BODY -5 CONTAINS content-disposition: attachment

I have occasional issues from poorly configured corporate servers that are used to send out mail blasts with attachments, and this helps to make sure that at least the important stuff doesn't get held up, but I don't look to it as being a fix for the general problem of false positives, just a partial and inconsistent remedy which is better than nothing. It is extremely rare that a spammer will send non-inline attachments.

Having issues only with attachments would be strange unless it is the result of your overall testing setup I would think.

Matt

Darryl Koster wrote:

I am having a real problem with clients not getting attachments. Is there a
test I can do that will help with this?

Darryl Koster