-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Behalf Of Matthew Bramble
Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 4:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [Declude.JunkMail] SPAM - Yahoo Groups

My understanding is that in order to be on a Yahoo Groups mailing list, you
have to actually join that group...you can't just add people
indiscriminately.

I've seen many people using the groups for advertising, but that doesn't
mean that it is spam.  It might be possible though that spammers are joining
lists and pumping through advertisements to the list members.  I look at
this as more of a problem that Yahoo has to deal with instead of someone
like myself.  Yahoo does monitor for this type of thing, and they are pretty
good about keeping their message boards clean.  The list admins can always
set things up so that they are moderated, and of course delete memberships
for any offending accounts, but IMO, it's not my problem if this stuff gets
through their private lists.

Matt

Kami Razvan wrote:

Hi;
For the first time I received spam through Yahoo Groups.  I thought Yahoo
Groups are pretty much on subscription base and spam should not get
through..
We have it on a negative weight since people are subscribed to different
groups and it was getting caught but now we have to rethink this..
This spam would have been caught because of the URL's in its body but with
the negative weight of Yahoo Group it came right through..
Anyone else getting spam through yahoo groups?
Regards,
Kami