On Oct 9, 2003, at 10:46 PM, Frederick Samarelli wrote:

The message was sent from a process AOL has to notify ip subnet owners when
someone complains about an email sent to an AOL user.

What you see is what I get all the time from AOL.

I can give you my AOL contact if you like.

Actually what would help is if I could see an entire message unaltered so I could get the context. It sort of makes sense [EMAIL PROTECTED] would be an employee. Perhaps he sends notices from his home DSL connection. postmaster.aol.com wasn't written to mention mail from @aol.net or @netscape.com. Perhaps that is a goof.

When you say "what I get all the time from AOL." you mean that we send you spam complaints about your users? I just want to clarify that the only example I've seen with any mention of "mail.aol.com" was a spam complaint that cam from @aol.net.

And that the email had a PTR of "X-Note: Sent from Reverse DNS: adsl-65-42-205-4.afafld-ualmec.org" which is a DSL line, and that is because aol.net emails are IMAP / SMTP accounts and so [EMAIL PROTECTED] was probably working from home dealing with spam complaints and sent the email from home equipment rather than in the office.

And I'm confused about your email because there is no line showing your server ever received the email so I know the headers provided are not complete.

--
Joshua Levitsky, CISSP, MCSE
System Engineer