I know this has been discussed before, and I think that I have it correct, however I just wanted to verify the setup required for this to work properly with Declude.

I have an external domain soon to be configured with two MX records:

   mx1.external-domain.com
   mx2.external-domain.com

I have IMail set up with hosts on both of these records that use my base domain (no aliases for the external domain) and I have the entries in my Hosts file with the true mail server's destination IP for both of these lookups. I'm confident that I got that part correct, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Now the Declude part...I understand that I have to create a new $Default$.JunkMail file because it handles gatewayed E-mail as outgoing E-mail. To do this I have set up a version of this in the following location:

C:/IMail/Declude/external-domain.com/$Default$.JunkMail

Declude Virus is also set up to scan outgoing E-mail.

My question is whether or not is is necessary to set up additional $Default$.JunkMail files under mx1.external-domain.com and mx2.external-domain.com. Although E-mail shouldn't be delivered to these addresses, if a spammer wants to send something to [EMAIL PROTECTED], would my server deliver that message, or drop it as undeliverable (there are no aliases configured for these sub-domains). If it delivers it, then should I set up those additional $Default$.JunkMail files?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]