-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of Markus Gufler
Sent: Thursday, 30 October 2003 3:54 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] TextFilter file, how many entries ?

My question is,
How many entries can I put in the file before Declude slow down ?

I think this depends on
-what HW-ressources you have in use (CPU, storage,...)
-how much mail traffic you have during peak times

I've had a problem some days ago by adding two filter files having both
around 140 kB (one for body one for header filtering)

At midnight all worked fine but next morning at around 9:00 AM it was almost
not more possible to logon to the server. Ping whas ok, but it has taken
over a minute to display the Terminal services login screen. After logging
on I've had to wait for over 5 Minutes to see the desktop.
Other 2 Minutes to open the taskmanager and see that there was a lot of
declude.exe's having CPU-times of over 60 seconds and consuming all
disponible CPU-resources.

We've running Imail v7.15 on a Intel P4 2,6 GHz and IDE Raid mirroring
Declude Junkmail and Virus with 2 scan engines.

First I've tried to disable the second AV engine without a result.

After removing the two filter files all become normal.

We process around 4000 msgs/day.

Markus

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)] --- This E-mail came from the Declude.JunkMail mailing list. To unsubscribe, just send an E-mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED], and type "unsubscribe Declude.JunkMail". The archives can be found at http://www.mail-archive.com.