Bill Landry wrote:

That's why making the SPAMDOMAINS test an ENDSWITH instead of CONTAINS type
of test would resolve lots of these kinds of questions and headaches.

...and create some others at the same time. No one option is perfect, so if Scott decides to change the functionality of this test, I would prefer a more open format allowing choice, and even other options possibly. something like:

ENDSWITH   aol.com                  ENDSWITH      aol.com
CONTAINS    @yahoo.               CONTAINS   .yahoo.
ENDSWITH   @mailpure.com      IS    mail.mailpure.com

Opening it up further might look like two separate filter tests that both need to match, i.e. If x and If y Then True, or If x and Not If y Then False.

I see no reason to change the SPAMDOMAINS functionality when working around VERP issues is done quite simply with an @ symbol, and I haven't yet found any examples where a domain that I would include in this test could have two REVDNS domains instead of just one which could benefit from matches on both columns. Fixing it to ENDSWITH would make it more difficult to track multi-TLD domains like Yahoo, while making it easier to track multi-sub domains like rr.com, and in the end, it would seem to be a draw.