John,

This is probably more than you wanted but I didn't want to post Scott's
explanation out of context.

I had a HiJack / Junkmail situation in August.  This related to mail where I
am the secondary MX.  HiJack was doing a very effective job of trapping
volume SPAM but I noticed that SPAM was slipping through after being
released from HOLD1 and even in the process of being transferred to HOLD2.

I had an off-line exchange with Scott and according to him, under these
circumstances, the mail released from HOLD1 will NOT be processed by
JunkMail.  Here's Scott's explanation:

Declude Hijack is involved with these E-mails because IMail reports them as
external addresses, so Declude Hijack sees E-mails to these domains as
being outgoing mail (when in reality they are incoming mail).  As a result,
if someone sends too much E-mail from one IP to these domain(s), it will be
held.  That's an interesting side-effect that we had not anticipated.

We did decide to have Declude Hijack take priority over Declude JunkMail,
because it would save a lot of CPU time during attacks, and the thought was
that outgoing E-mail would not need to be scanned by Declude JunkMail.

Scott, in response to a follow up message stated that the email would be
Virus scanned.

Unfortunately, this caused me to discontinue using HiJack since the spam
handling was more important than the CPU cycles saved by having HiJack trap
the spam up front.  Really too bad, it was catching a lot of spam.

George