John Tolmachoff (Lists) wrote:

This is a cache only setup, no domains. Cost is a concern at this time,
unless I can prove that would be the answer. However, as I said earlier, the
problem was first experienced using BIND DNS servers. I need to follow up on
this.

Keith had a problem after a Microsoft hotfix a few months back. There are tweaks in the registry which can be done to expand the number of possible connections that a server can make (internal or external). Someone posted a link from another mail server with instructions on tweaking the settings for high volumes. Maybe Keith also came up with something as a result of his issues.