Matt,

I have no desire to get into an argument or flaming contest with you.
We agree that "standard" filters have a valuable place in this environment
and we both use "standard" filters.
We agree that neither of us have the desire to spend countless hours
tweaking filters and that automated solutions are the way to simplify this
effort.
We have each taken different approaches using different methodologies and
tools to do this, based on our own skill sets, backgrounds, need perceptions
and other factors.
We are both appreciative of the effort that many people have put into
developing and maintaining these products and freely sharing them with us,
and I'm sure that we're both willing to contribute in any way we can to
assist in these efforts.
We happen to disagree regarding the extent that these "standard" filters can
be applied to our own specific environments. So be it.
We also disagree on the value of analysis. So be it.

George