If I recall correctly, when you IPBYPASS a single hop message, this can throw off some of the technical tests that are built into Declude since there will be no data element for the IP, REVDNS and HELO. If that's the case, it's because "it wasn't designed for that use." This can be tested by IPBYPASSing your server, and then sending E-mail through it. It might have just looked funny though (blank IP), I can't remember exactly what happened when I made that mistake.

Anywho...I remember the days back when I wasn't using any custom filters, and Declude might have used 2% of my processor per typical message. It's very different now. You could probably easily save that amount of processing by paying extra attention to the filter efficiency if you are using them.

Matt

R. Scott Perry wrote:

> In this case, it will still cause the DNS tests to be run (just on
> different IP(s)). That's why I recommend WHITELIST IP in this situation.

But that would just prevent action, correct? The DNS tests will still be
run. (Unless using PREWHITELIST ON which I do not want to use.)

WHITELIST IP with PREWHITELIST ON will prevent the tests from being run.

Just WHITELIST IP will not prevent the tests from being run.

The intent is to still run other tests on those messages, but since they are
from users and not mail servers, wanted to see if there was a way to save
processing time by not running DNS based tests on those IPs.

Ah, it does appear that you are looking for IPBYPASS or something similar.

In this case, you can either use IPBYPASS (with the 20 IP limitation), or you can use HOPHIGH to accomplish this (which will scan more than 1 IP for every E-mail).

-Scott

--- [This E-mail was scanned for viruses by Declude Virus (http://www.declude.com)]