From: Sanford Whiteman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Wednesday, December 31, 2003 2:49 PM
To: R. Scott Perry
Subject: Re[4]: [Declude.JunkMail] [BUMP] Files locked but not processed

Given the information, it looks like the most likely culprit here is

IMail.

Yes, it does seem like IMail is not calling Declude.

What  concerns me for everyone's sake is that while this may have been
happening for a while, many people may have been deleting the orphaned
files  as unexplained leftovers (you see something in the queue from a
few  weeks  back, but you think the server has been processing mail in
that period flawlessly without a restart, so you just trash it).

I've taken to running this primitive batch file every 15 minutes using
Task Scheduler. It uses the good 'ol Archive bit to lok for files that
stay locked in the _~ state and therefore are skipped by IMail.

--BEGIN BATCH FILE--

@echo off

echo These files were marked earlier...
for /f %%i in ('dir /b /x /a:-a c:\imail\spool\*.~md') do echo
c:\imail\spool\%%i
for /f %%i in ('dir /b /x /a:-a c:\imail\spool\*.~md') do echo
c:\imail\spool\%%i >>C:\imail\spool\FoundFiles.TXT
for /f %%i in ('dir /b /x /a:-a c:\imail\spool\*.~md') do
C:\IMAIL\SMTP32.EXE C:\imail\spool\%%i

echo These files are now marked...
for /f %%i in ('dir /b /x /a:a c:\imail\spool\*.~md') do echo
c:\imail\spool\%%i
for /f %%i in ('dir /b /x /a:a c:\imail\spool\*.~md') do attrib
c:\imail\spool\%%i -a

--END BATCH FILE--

I  would  *greatly*  appreciate  it  if a few others could put this in
place on their servers and let me know how fast (or if) FoundFiles.TXT
fills  up.  NOTE:  this  batch  file  will not be usable by anyone who
doesn't  use  an outbound gateway, however, as it expects a very short
queue lifetime, with all all retries done by the gateway.

--Sandy

------------------------------------ Sanford Whiteman, Chief Technologist Broadleaf Systems, a division of Cypress Integrated Systems, Inc. e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

SpamAssassin plugs into Declude!
http://www.mailmage.com/download/software/freeutils/SPAMC32/Release/