From: "Darryl Koster" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2004 10:06 AM
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] 2,000,000 + emails today

The problem with it is we give clients the choice if they want to be on the
filters or not, they have made the choice not to be on the filters. We put
them on it anyway and then we ended having to remove the mx records for
them. The qmail server (our spool server) had no problems keep up, it kept
on accepting mail etc. The problem came in though when we had 100,000 plus
in the queue and it kept sending all these e-mails over to the imail server
ever x minutes and it would flood the server, after 12 hours the servers
just could not keep up anymore with the amount of incoming and outgoing
mails.

Darryl

PS. As I think I stated earlier, knowing me I have something wrong on some
shi**y little setting I have not looked at in years and its causing a
problem now.