I wouldn't dismiss this too quickly. The concern here is the trend. Spammers using the law/can-spam act against companies that are fighting spam. They don't have to win the suits, they just have to make it expensive, or otherwise not worth it, like they have for many blacklists in the past year that shut down.

From the looks of the judgement it appears like they are trying to prove that it is illegal for us to block or hold spam at all. Or make us change our systems so that end users can see the spam and have the option to opt-out.

Who do you think has more money to throw into this, Spammers or Spamcop?

Todd Hunter