Oh darn.. The page didn't open in Opera 7.51 and Norton Antivirus 2004
caught the download.ject worm..  :)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Colbeck, Andrew
Sent: Friday, June 25, 2004 2:37 PM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] [Declude.Virus] OT- Anyone know about this
latest "attack" reported by CNN?

Your webservers, sure.  That's the easy part, the patch was available in
early April.

Your desktops, no, not if your users use Internet Explorer.  There is no
patch yet, and it's been exploited for at least 2 months.

For a whitehat demonstration, use your fully patched IE to go to:

http://62.131.86.111/security/idiots/repro/installer.htm

Note that in an actual infection, the URL wouldn't be *quite* so obvious.

We're also seeing routine infections of zip files with viruses in them, and
they're too new for our vendor to keep up.

Andrew 8)