Never received a reply. I just sent a new request in.

Thanks,
Greg

John Tolmachoff (Lists) wrote:

You configuration is fine with one recommendation: You would off load
additional workload from the main server by having it send all outbound
e-mail through a smart host, that being the Ant-spam server. This way, the
server does not have to do outbound resolution and communications with all
the other Internet servers, it simply sends all outgoing to the next server.

They way you are tiering your servers is actually a recommended way once a
server reaches saturation. Example, a client I consult for is in the process
of splitting the work load from one server to 2. The front server which will
be configured for S&F for all domains and will do all JunkMail scanning and
do all the receiving and sending to the Internet. The main server will do
all Imail functions and Declude Virus Scanning. But again, all incoming and
outgoing will flow through the front server, the main server sending all
outbound to it to offload that work from the main server.

John Tolmachoff
Engineer/Consultant/Owner
eServices For You