I can't say that I am overwhelmed with the effectiveness of the MTLDB test thus far. Every single email I have seen come through my server with the MTLDB test triggered on it has been a false positive - in fact, it seems that "user not found" automated messages originating from the mail servers various ISP's (including HOTMAIL) are a favorite of MTLDB.

Is it possible that users with infected machines are sending through their own ISP's servers, and those servers' IP addresses are then being listed in the MTLDB, causing it to show false positives on any mail coming from those servers?

We do plan to address the issue with false positives, and expect to find a solution to the problem.

Declude JunkMail: The advanced anti-spam solution for IMail mailservers since 2000.
Declude Virus: Ultra reliable virus detection and the leader in mailserver vulnerability detection.
Find out what you've been missing: Ask for a free 30-day evaluation.