David,

We limit around 10MB. It has worked well. That not to say several folks havent tried to email 50+MB files..

Darrell

Check out http://www.invariantsystems.com for utilities for Declude And Imail. IMail/Declude Overflow Queue Monitoring, MRTG Integration, and Log Parsers.

David Fletcher writes:

We have never set message size limits on our servers. Now it is
becoming an issue.

Is there any sort of standard for maximum message sizes? This is for
hosted customers and I'd like to be reasonable, but I don't think
allowing them to receive 18meg + messages is necessary. (I just shook
my head when I saw this one after hearing the question: "Why is my
Outlook locking up?")

What limits do you all use?

Thanks for the input.

David Fletcher
InfoTech International, LLC.
(904)338-9234
--
Awk! Pieces of eight. Pieces of eight. Pieces of seven... ERROR: General
Protection Fault. [Paroty Error.]