-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Andy Schmidt
Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 3:06 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: [Declude.JunkMail] Declude Phone's Home

I agree - I love Declude.

>> My company has asked me to look into other spam control because of
>> the
non-discloser of such activity the software does "behind doors" <<

But with that information, I can tell you that my management would be in the
same boat. If a "security" software (virus protection / defending against
phishing, etc.) turns out to have ONE hidden "enablement" for the software
vendor - then they'd automatically assume that the vendor is not playing
with an open deck and there could be other, much worse, backdoors.

I fully approve and agree that Declude should strictly enforce their rights
to annual maintenance. But an underhanded approach like this questions their
ethics (not in my mind - but in the mind of those who don't need to know the
details and only look at the big picture.)

Best Regards
Andy Schmidt

Phone:  +1 201 934-3414 x20 (Business)
Fax:    +1 201 934-9206