On Monday, October 4, 2004, 3:33:50 PM, Bill wrote:

BL> Message----- Original Message -----
BL> From: Richard Farris

>> I am seeing a lot of these in my spamreview also....can't we just
BL> blacklist the domain..?

BL> You could, but they use so many different domains if could be tough to keep
BL> up with them.  I just block the netblocks that have been assigned to Phoenix
BL> Data Systems at my mail gateways:

BL> 204.94.0.0/15           REJECT
BL> 204.96.0.0/15           REJECT
BL> 205.241.64.0/18         REJECT
BL> 207.43.0.0/18           REJECT

We've been adding domains as we see them. It seems they have a
constant stream of new ones. We've also researched and tagged a number
of networks - those rules are now in the system and should be making
their way out.

I've found no technical reason (nothing broken) for these not to be
trapped by sniffer except that some of the domains we just haven't
seen yet (at the time of the scan). I suspect this is exaggerated by
their initiating this campaign over the weekend while folks are not
sending in new spam (so most of what we get is from spamtraps).

Anyone here who is using sniffer and does not see an improvement with
the next updates (if not already) please contact us on the sniffer
list so we can weed out any technical issues we might have missed. If
you do see an improvement (you should) please let us know.

Thanks,

_M